It’s been too long, hasn’t it? The major new things of interest in this release are the ZeroMQ support, eventlet.green.MySQLdb, and greenthread affinity in tpool. Please try out all three of these new features and file issues if you find bugs!
How get it:
- easy_install eventlet
- pip install eventlet
- Download directly from pypi
hg clone http://bitbucket.org/which_linden/eventlet/
- ZeroMQ hub, and eventlet.green.zmq make supersockets green. Thanks to Ben Ford! Check out the examples zmq_chat.py and
- eventlet.green.MySQLdb added. It’s an interface to MySQLdb that uses tpool to make it appear nonblocking
- Greenthread affinity in tpool. Each greenthread is assigned to the same thread when using tpool, making it easier to work with
- Eventlet now depends on greenlet 0.3 or later.
- Fixed a hang when using tpool during an import causes another import. Thanks to mikepk for tracking that down.
- Improved websocket draft 76 compliance, thanks to Nick V.
- Rare greenthread.kill() bug fixed, which was probably brought about by a bugfix in greenlet 0.3.
- Easy_installing eventlet should no longer print an ImportError about greenlet
- Support for serving up SSL websockets, thanks to chwagssd for reporting #62
- eventlet.wsgi properly sets ‘wsgi.url_scheme’ environment variable to ‘https’, and ‘HTTPS’ to ‘on’ if serving over ssl
- Blocking detector uses setitimer on 2.6 or later, allowing for sub-second block detection, thanks to rtyler.
- Blocking detector is documented now, too
- socket.create_connection properly uses dnspython for nonblocking dns. Thanks to rtyler.
- Removed EVENTLET_TPOOL_DNS, nobody liked that. But if you were using it, install dnspython instead. Thanks to pigmej and gholt.
- Removed _main_wrapper from greenthread, thanks to Ambroff adding keyword arguments to switch() in 0.3!
The md5sum of the tarball is 2273527ca1715bad018090fdd2d480cf.