All right! It’s been a while since our last release, so it’s a relief to finally get this out there. This is primarily a bugfix release, but there are a few new things in it that might interest you.
- Support for psycopg v2.2′s async support, courtesy of Daniele Varrazzo’s great work. You use it by calling monkey_patch(psycopg=True).
- Websocket support moves to core. This means it’s easier than ever to use websockets with eventlet.wsgi. It’s, like, two lines now. Mad props to Ben Ford for providing 100% unit test coverage. Check out the example.
- eventlet.wrap_ssl exists! We talked about it a while back but never got around to implementing it until now.
Give it a go, see how you like it!
Here’s the full changelog:
- Support for psycopg2′s asynchronous mode, from Daniele Varrazzo
- websocket module is now part of core Eventlet with 100% unit test coverage thanks to Ben Ford. See its documentation at http://eventlet.net/doc/modules/websocket.html
- Added wrap_ssl convenience method, meaning that we truly no longer need api or util modules.
- Multiple-reader detection code protects against the common mistake of having multiple greenthreads read from the same socket at the same time, which can be overridden if you know what you’re doing.
- Cleaner monkey_patch API: the “all” keyword is no longer necessary.
- Pool objects have a more convenient constructor — no more need to subclass
- amajorek’s reimplementation of GreenPipe
- Many bug fixes, major and minor.